About Natividad Medical Center
- Safety-Net Hospitals like Natividad make up only 19 of California’s more than 500 hospitals and health care systems, provide 50% of all hospital care for California’s 8.2 million uninsured, and train nearly half of all new doctors in the state.
- Natividad’s innovative and compassionate care team delivers nearly 3,000 newborns each year, and more than 1,000 of these babies’ mothers had gestational diabetes.
- Natividad’s comprehensive women’s health program is evolving to include a model birthing program tailored to the individual needs of all women, including the county’s only vaginal birth after cesarean section (VBAC) service.
- Natividad has more than 47,000 Emergency Department visits each year, one-third of which are for children.
- Natividad has the county’s only child sexual abuse clinic providing medical-forensic examinations, serving more than 225 children each year.
- Natividad offers the NIDO (Natividad Immunology Division Outpatient) Clinic, a comprehensive disease and HIV/AIDS clinic which provides primary care, HIV testing and counseling, laboratory, case management, health education, behavioral health, and outreach services.
- Natividad operates a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), treating infants with serious health issues from premature newborns who cannot breath on their own, to those with serious illnesses.